News: Welcome! Login or sign-up!

• October 14, 2019, 01:52:52 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Season predictions  (Read 3353 times)

SonofGus

Season predictions
« on: August 22, 2015, 11:53:45 AM »
Since our spectacular debut in the Sun Belt, what are your game by game predictions? I think we will run the table again. Just excited to actually see us go to a bowl game and have our first bowl birth.

ERK

• Administrator
  • "One more time!"
Re: Season predictions
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2015, 12:51:04 PM »
Most likely blow out the SunBelt, just hoping we can knock off WV, like we should have NC State and GT. Refs screwed us out of those wins, and a few mistakes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GSURNG

« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2015, 11:36:23 AM »
With the uncertainty of the o-line and a QB for the first two games who knows we will know if just making a bowl game is going to be good season after the WM game for sure. I am confident even if we drop the first two and the o line is bad we can scratch out 6 wins between the FCS game and the conference. We beat WVU and WM the season maybe epic. 

SonofGus

« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2015, 04:39:55 PM »
Agree, but I think we are too good for the Sun Belt...I mean we should have beat NC State and GT. We really belong in the ACC. Have said it for years.

GSURNG

« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2015, 05:03:54 PM »
SLOOOOOW DOWN, One good year in the FBS even dominating the Sun Belt does not make you P5 worthy. North Texas used to dominate the Belt and they tanked.

Yes the talent is here, the passion is here and the history is here. However GSU still has a long ways to go as far as money, eyes on TV and butts in seats to even get on a P5's radar. If given stability the Sun Belt has the potential to be just as good as any G5 conference. However the constant shuffling of teams and GaState and Idaho being the worst of the FBS has taken a toll. If we can remain intact there is no reason to move. It took Boise 11 years to be taken seriously. They also did it in bad conference. So dont worry about what conference we are in. Nobody cares what G5 you are in either you beat the big boy teams when given a chance or you dont.

SonofGus

« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2015, 06:26:18 PM »
I wasn't basing it off of one year in the Sun Belt. I have just thought for a long time that GSU's place belongs in the ACC, even if it does take 10 years, but I think that is where we should be and where we will end up. The powers that be in Georgia, won't let us join the SEC, even 20-30 years from now...they have to protect UGA.

GSURNG

« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2015, 06:44:33 PM »
In another decade maybe the AAC is let back at the grown up table and we join them.

GSUgreek499

« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2015, 10:16:32 PM »
Well I think if keep recruiting well and the coaching staff stays true, then anything could be possible. Like they said, "Seems like winning is the tradition here at Georgia Southern."

GSURNG

« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2015, 05:06:22 PM »
I wasn't basing it off of one year in the Sun Belt. I have just thought for a long time that GSU's place belongs in the ACC, even if it does take 10 years, but I think that is where we should be and where we will end up. The powers that be in Georgia, won't let us join the SEC, even 20-30 years from now...they have to protect UGA.

I was not either, I have been following the program since 1998 and have seen a lot of ups and downs. The one coach who will not be named set the program back nearly half a decade in one year.  I think we will know in another year or two, if we can keep CWF, on our full or close to full near term potential. At that point we will have a full FBS roster with most importantly full FBS depth that has killed a lot of our chances with the big boys in the past. As much as our facilities have improved, and they are night and day from 1998, we still have a long ways to go before going head to head with all but a handful of lower tier P5 teams. I think a big test will be if we can sustain this success like ArkSt has with coaching changes. There is no doubt that we are in about the best situation for a young program as there is. The only big obstacles are small alumni base, which at this point for the the older ones is still a majority of modest earning teachers, attendance and funding. We are not even at 10K in season ticket sales while a team like ECU is over 20K and UCF is over 16K that is a lot of catching up to do to get to the same level as two comparable programs.   My gut tells me the AAC is dead set on getting back to the big boy table and may be our best bet long term. It will be fun to watch either way.

SonofGus

« Reply #9 on: August 26, 2015, 05:25:15 PM »
The alumni base is growing...but slowly. Oh and I think I know the coach you are talking about...VanGorder?

Eagleskins

« Reply #10 on: August 27, 2015, 01:05:00 AM »
10-2 now that Ellison is suspended.   

GSURNG

« Reply #11 on: August 27, 2015, 09:23:59 AM »
The alumni base is growing...but slowly. Oh and I think I know the coach you are talking about...VanGorder?

We do not use that name! Unless you at least modify it like VanDirtbag

WeGotThis

« Reply #12 on: August 31, 2015, 10:49:46 AM »
I think we lose to WVU and UGA....

After that, I see us having tough away games at UL Monroe, and of course App.

If I'm betting, I don't bet on us to win in Boone. First of all, it's Boone. Tough atmosphere. Second, their QB has more experience and will be solid.

TrueBlue08

« Reply #13 on: September 01, 2015, 09:40:31 PM »
Seriously think we will get App like we did last year.

GSURNG

« Reply #14 on: September 02, 2015, 11:28:25 AM »
I think if the o line is bad we could easily lose two close conf games BUT the season sets up perfect to win the conf again. First three games are non conf then conf opens up with Idaho. That gives us four games to work out the bugs and get the roster 100% worked out before our first decent conference opponent in ULM. Then we have an open date then NMSU before App which could not be more perfect. We basically catch a break before all the decent teams in the conf except TXST and USA of which only TXST really scares me based on last years game. If we come out 1-3 it still can be a great season. We have Troy before thuga as well so we will have a great chance to get the starters out early in that game and be as fresh as possible going into armpit athens. The mutts have an away game AT AU which will be a slugfest where no starter is coming out unless a bone is sticking out. The only thing that would be better is if it were Citadel, WMU THEN WVU. How sweet will it be IF we are wrapping of the conference with a beat down of GagSt!!

I did not expect but chaos until year three or four anyways so nay success is just icing on the cake for me.