News: Welcome! Login or sign-up!

• April 21, 2019, 04:56:40 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: WVU Game  (Read 1254 times)

GSUalum2012

WVU Game
« on: September 06, 2015, 09:56:29 AM »
Let's all pretend last night never happened.

First things first. Hats off to West Virginia. They were well prepared on defense and took advantage of an inexperienced O line as well as our backup QB.

-Favian is clearly not a starting QB (at least he wasn't last night).
-O line still needs work, but I expect them to improve as the season goes on.
-Defense was solid in the red zone. Overall the defense will be fine when not having to go back on the field so much due to multiple turnovers. Still not a fan of bend don't break defenses though.

Let's hope the guys are more prepared for Western Michigan next week.

GO EAGLES!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GSURNG

Re: WVU Game
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2015, 01:29:22 PM »
Favian is not a run based offense QB. You can't get tackled by a stiff breeze. With Ellison we still lose but I think the score would have been respectable.

ERK

• Administrator
  • "One more time!"
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2015, 10:23:59 PM »
I also think the same. I said it last season....Ellison would have made better running decisions, plus Upshaw being in would give him time to refresh. I agree with the he homework they did, we came in blindsided. But remember...Clemson lost to them in the Orange Bowl a few years back and look where they are now. Good things are coming our way. Our defense did a good job. Still believe in our guys.

GSURNG

« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2015, 10:25:56 AM »
I also think the same. I said it last season....Ellison would have made better running decisions, plus Upshaw being in would give him time to refresh. I agree with the he homework they did, we came in blindsided. But remember...Clemson lost to them in the Orange Bowl a few years back and look where they are now. Good things are coming our way. Our defense did a good job. Still believe in our guys.

Who knows WVU folks are saying this may be their best team in 20 years. Hopefully so, I was really not blown away by their QB but their O line was stout and well the D shut us down. This will all shake out by week three or four. I think we are good for the  conference and at worst six wins for our first bowl. 

GSUalum2012

« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2015, 12:31:16 PM »
Definitely doesn't ruin the season. At the end of the day it just shows up as an L regardless of the score. Should be a good game against WM this Saturday.

ERK

• Administrator
  • "One more time!"
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2015, 08:48:51 PM »
Yeah that #8 on their defense was on point. Wasn't really impressed with QB either.

GSURNG

« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2015, 04:43:12 PM »
I was not blown away by their offense in general. When you are on the field basically the entire game, given that many turnovers you should put up points. They basically picked on one DB. Their D is another story they have a chance to be special.

WeGotThis

« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2015, 12:30:18 AM »
Absolute biggest takeaway from the game:

Our Offensive Line is not what he hoped for. It's pretty much our worst nightmares. We were blown up all night on the line.

And yes of course Favian was playing scared, but the Oline was the worst I've seen in a while. We scored 28 points on Bama a few years ago with an FCS squad. Let that sink in.