News: Welcome! Login or sign-up!

• March 22, 2019, 10:37:08 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: PHOTO: Our new homecoming helmets  (Read 1993 times)

Admin

• Administrator
PHOTO: Our new homecoming helmets
« on: October 13, 2015, 02:00:56 PM »
Twitter has been buzzing about Georgia Southern's new helmets for homecoming. I like the clean look. What do you think?

ErkGATA

Re: PHOTO: Our new homecoming helmets
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2015, 02:49:27 PM »
I like the general idea, around the helmet, I'm just not a big fan of the storm trooper look

SonofGus

« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2015, 05:22:21 PM »
Personally I like the clean look. I have always wondered when or if they were going to do white helmets. Everyone says they look like penn state, but penn state doesn't have any logos or numbers on the side, and they don't have white facemasks. The Speed helmets also rock the new design better than the helmet they chose for the reveal. 

GSUalum2012

« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2015, 06:02:46 PM »
I think it looks fine. No issue with changing things up for a game or two each year. The players love it which is what matters most.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GSUgreek499

« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2015, 06:45:54 PM »
They look cool. You have to think though, it is a good recruiting tool. Recruits like seeing the alternate stuff these days.

Ryan Duke

« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2015, 10:35:26 PM »
I think it has been great that Southern wears a alternate jersey once a year. I won't ever see a reason to move away from tradition, but I love the helmet.

GATA Mafia

« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2015, 11:30:40 AM »
I have always loved the "GS baseball" logo the most.  Green Bay loaned the puppies the "G".  The technical school in Atlanta uses "GT".  They gave the "U" to the commuter school in inner-Atlanta.  We are Georgia Southern!  I think the white face mask and GS logo look awesome!  It would be really cool to see us wear all white at App.

TrueBlue08

« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2015, 12:52:29 PM »
Yeah the Speed helmets do look better. I know in the presser that we used the baseball logo because of Cole, but still. You have a football brand and a baseball brand. You need to keep them they way they are and not confuse the two. Shouldn't do something just because of one person. If Cole made the GS logo famous, then emphasize it in baseball. You Don't see other schools putting their baseball logo on their helmets. We have a wonderful eagle logo that we use now for football, use that.

ERK

• Administrator
  • "One more time!"
« Reply #8 on: October 23, 2015, 01:20:45 AM »
I like them. They look clean. Liked the helmets we wore against app better with just numbers.