News: Welcome! Login or sign-up!

• July 24, 2019, 12:45:39 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Georgia State Game  (Read 3201 times)

GSUalum2012

Georgia State Game
« on: November 28, 2015, 07:45:22 PM »
Big game next week! Georgia State is surprisingly playing decent football this year. Would love to see Southern destroy them like they did to South Alabama today and remove them from bowl eligibility. I'm anxiously awaiting to see what bowl the team will be at.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ERK

• Administrator
  • "One more time!"
Re: Georgia State Game
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2015, 11:04:18 PM »
That would be great, to do that to two teams. They might be getting better, but I think we will just roll over them like usual.

SonofGus

« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2015, 11:28:13 AM »
Not worried about State. Just hope the announcers get our names straight.

GSUgreek499

« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2015, 11:29:03 AM »
How hard is it to do a little research and know who the hell you are announcing the game for. It's like they don't even care.

TrueBlue08

« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2015, 10:52:43 AM »
bwahaha we are going to destroy them and their dreams for a bowl game.

GSURNG

« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2015, 12:53:51 PM »
Well that didnt go well. I really was not really happy about them being only one win away from a bowl. They had extra motivation on top of it being an instate game. I just figured it being at home and senior day it would have went a lot better.  Could have just been one of those days. Upsets happen all the time especially playing an instate team. The talent gap between us and uga was much greater and we almost pulled it off.

TrueBlue08

« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2015, 01:20:12 PM »
Words cannot describe how I felt during that game. Mostly frustration, like beating your head against a wall.

GSURNG

« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2015, 04:30:05 PM »
I have seen some of the best of our FCS / I-AA teams lay eggs to ETSU that actually folded up for a good while. No doubt GaSt has improved but how could they not. We still should have rolled them but when you have the absolute worse passing game in the entire FBS teams will sell out on the run and four times this year they were able to.

Don't expect any different results next year. More than likely it is KE at QB and he is not going to magically learn how to throw in the off season neither is Favian.  Hopefully with another years under their belt the O line will be significantly better.

TrueBlue08

« Reply #8 on: December 13, 2015, 05:36:38 PM »
I know we are all about the Triple Option, but I think it is time to move on. Look I know I am going to get a lot of guff from the older fans and the "purists" but think about it, it is a good offense, but its not a great offense. Our program and school is growing, so does the way we play the game. I would be open to a more modified TO with some more throwing, because let's face it..we are not going to keep winning in the higher tiers of CFB if we don't pass the ball more. That is what we need to work on, passing and pass defense in the secondary.

GSURNG

« Reply #9 on: December 17, 2015, 09:35:02 AM »
We ran the least amount of triple option this year outside the VanGorder and Hatcher days. Both of those coaching stints were utter failures. We ran the spread but could not complete a pass. Going pro style would set us back a decade. It needs to be more balanced but option based, we are not going to out AL the AL's of the world in our lifetime.

GSUalum2012

« Reply #10 on: December 17, 2015, 07:17:00 PM »
Spread offense with 35-40% passing plays would be ideal.

GSURNG

« Reply #11 on: January 08, 2016, 04:40:47 PM »
Spread offense with 35-40% passing plays would be ideal.

You just need to back the LB's and DB's up. Honestly we left a ton of offense and points on the field with just horrible throws and drops. If we could have just made the easy throws and catches we would have been fine and the coaches might have had more confidence to call more pass plays. Even App fans said we left 14 points on the field to wide open receivers this year. There is a difference in not passing and not having the players to pass.

TrueBlue08

« Reply #12 on: January 25, 2016, 03:32:16 PM »
I agree with the dropped passes. I can't count on how many throws that should have been caught..I mean they were wide open and should have been easy catches.