News: Welcome! Login or sign-up!

• July 24, 2019, 12:45:31 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Who do you want the new HC to be?  (Read 1281 times)

GSUalum2012

Who do you want the new HC to be?
« on: December 14, 2015, 04:01:11 PM »
Unless you have been living under a rock, I think everyone is aware Willie Fritz has left for Tulane. Having said that, who do you think should be the replacement? I would like to see someone like Dell McGee get an opportunity (especially if they win the bowl game). He does a great job recruiting, players love him, and he has head coaching experience at the high school level. If they go with someone else, I would love to see him be retained. There is a reason he was made Assistant Head Coach earlier in the season.

I wouldn't mind Brent Pry, but don't see him leaving his gig at Penn State. Probably makes more as an assistant too. I don't care what offense the team might change to either as long as the new coach continues to respect and uphold the traditions and values within the football program.

Thoughts?

TrueBlue08

Re: Who do you want the new HC to be?
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2015, 12:58:58 PM »
To tell you the truth, I do not know who would be a good fit. Hope we just do not go the South Carolina route and hire someone like Muschamp.

SonofGus

« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2015, 12:59:59 PM »
Well should we wait to see how our interim coach does? He might work out.

GSURNG

« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2015, 09:32:19 AM »
I go with Chadwell.

Proven HC that turned two losing programs into legit NC contenders in three years. He would probably be the cheapest.

McGee had been a RB coach in college. Not qualified yet. One bowl game as HC is not a qualification either.

Pry decent DC and mainly Co DC. Not from the area would likely be the fastest to take off. I think he sees what Fritz got and wants to do the same thing as fast as possible whereas Chadwell probably wants to remain in the SE and would not take the first Tulane type job thrown at him.